Building upon the critical insight provided in 2015, HIMSS Analytics releases the 2016 Telemedicine Study, an Essentials Brief that highlights three years’ worth of market data focused on the adoption of telemedicine technology across the U.S. hospital market.
Purchase this study to:
- Access current telemedicine solution adoption rates and plans to purchase
- Understand vendor market share and mind share
- Get snapshot statistics for telemedicine solutions across the entire US hospital landscape
Highlights of the 2016 study include:
- The patient portal, or application-focused patient engagement, continues to be a strong program adopted by roughly 50 percent of study respondents in 2015 and 2016.
- Physician to physician communication was the most common use of two-way video/webcam by roughly 43 percent of respondents who have adopted that technology.
- Plans to invest in telemedicine technology increased for academic medical centers/urban hospital or health systems and critical access/rural hospital or health system year over year
Get further insight on this study from the HIMSS Analytics Blog
MORE RESEARCH REPORTS
This latest installment in the Revenue Cycle series is an expanded follow-up to the 2013 Inpatient Revenue Cycle study. Key findings include:
- An uptick in the usage of automated revenue cycle patient access solutions between 2013 and 2015,
- Over 70% of study respondents that use patient access solutions do so via hosted, web-based, Software as a Service (SaaS) deployment method for at least one function
- As patient portals are increasingly used to address patient access functionality, portal growth increased 15 percentage points from 2014 to 2015
Access the 2016 Outpatient PM & EHR Solutions Essentials Brief, a study on the U.S. Outpatient Practice Management (PM) and Electronic Health Record (EHR) solutions market. This is the 8th iteration of the study and provides insight into solution adoption and purchase intentions from hospital-owned and free-standing physician practices in the U.S. outpatient market.
Access the 2016 Precision Medicine Essentials Brief, a study on the U.S. Precision Medicine solutions market. This study provides insight into precision medicine solution adoption and purchase intentions from healthcare delivery organizations in the U.S. market.