Building upon the critical insight provided in 2015, HIMSS Analytics releases the 2016 Telemedicine Study, an Essentials Brief that highlights three years’ worth of market data focused on the adoption of telemedicine technology across the U.S. hospital market.
Highlights of the 2016 study include:
- The patient portal, or application-focused patient engagement, continues to be a strong program adopted by roughly 50 percent of study respondents in 2015 and 2016.
- Physician to physician communication was the most common use of two-way video/webcam by roughly 43 percent of respondents who have adopted that technology.
- Plans to invest in telemedicine technology increased for academic medical centers/urban hospital or health systems and critical access/rural hospital or health system year over year
View our Essentials Briefs Research Agenda with topics in:
- Population Health
- Clinical & Business Intelligence
- RCM: Denial Management
- PM & EHR Ambulatory Research
- Precision Health
- Alternative Payment Models