Help Shape the Digital Imaging Adoption Model (DIAM) for Enterprise Imaging: Call for Feedback
DIAM - An extension into Enterprise Imaging
HIMSS Analytics - in collaboration with professional societies including the Society of Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM), the European Society of Radiology (ESR) and the European Society of Medical Imaging Informatics (EUSOMII), in addition to highly regarded subject matter experts - is extending the Digital Imaging Adoption Model (DIAM) into the area of Enterprise Imaging (EI).
The DIAM is an eight stage (0-7) model to assess and benchmark healthcare delivery organizations in their efforts to implement and use information technology in medical imaging in order to optimize internal workflows, increase patient safety and improve care quality.
Since July 2017 a global workgroup has formally worked on definitions and requirements relevant for a successful implementation of an Enterprise Imaging program and related technology implementation. In order to actively and broadly engage key stakeholders of the Enterprise Imaging sector - both from the industry, as well as from the provider side - we seek your feedback in the development phase of the extended model. Your input is needed to help inform the development of the assessment survey. The key objectives for this initiative are to make sure that:
- The model comprises the key ingredients needed to successfully and comprehensively implement, deploy and enable Enterprise Imaging capabilities
- The model and the underlying assessment are vendor- and country/healthcare system-agnostic
- Stage 7, while a challenge, is achievable given the availability of key cutting-edge technologies and related solutions
Why this may be important to you:
- Make your inside-perspective heard
- Assist in shaping a model that will be used worldwide
- Get insights into what clinical and health information and technology leaders think is important for EI
- Start to inform and educate your prospective clients early
Who should participate:
- EI solution providers and consultants
- Clinical and Health information and technology professionals that (intend to) use EI solutions
What is the public comment timeframe:
The feedback collection phase will be open May 14th to June 8th. It will be introduced via an online webinar on May 14th, providing a short background on the DIAM, the survey framework and the feedback collection process.
How can you participate:
- Attend the online webinar on May 14th. Click here to sign up!
- Review and provide feedback on the online feedback form
- Submit your feedback no later than June 8th
Tentative timeline of actions after feedback collection:
- Consolidate and include feedback, as appropriate, into the DIAM assessment survey
- Finalize the survey for pilot use
- Conduct pilot surveys
- Refine the survey and assessment process
- Make DIAM assessment available to provider organizations worldwide by the end of 2018
To learn more about the DIAM, click here.