While Picture Archive Communications System or PACS adoption across healthcare is high, potential growth opportunities abound.
HIMSS Analytics’ latest Essentials Brief, a follow up to a 2014 study on the same subject, provides a look at the current state of the imaging market. While study respondents indicated a high level of PACS adoption across the industry there are some areas the study highlights as potential growth opportunities. The study looks into Enterprise Image Viewing adoption and plans for future adoption, current and future imaging point of access by technology and unique voice of customer feedback around the impact of the change in payment models and accountable care will have on imaging.
Key findings of the Study include:
- Voice of Customer (VOC) from nearly 150 respondents
- Year-over-year trending analysis of enterprise image viewing solution adoption, drivers and primary use cases
- Year-over-year insight into image storage trends showing potential beginnings of a shift to newer storage technologies
- Adoption of tablets and smartphones is relatively low in the current imaging market, however these technologies are still the most cited technologies for image viewing access plans
MORE RESEARCH REPORTS
The seventh annual Ambulatory Practice Management (PM) & Electronic Health Record (EHR) Study includes year-over-year trending analysis dating back to 2009, as well as an in-depth look at the current market.
- Unique Voice of Customer (VOC) from over 700 respondents
- Over 80 percent of the ambulatory market has adopted EHR technology
- Roughly 8 percent of study respondents plan to replace their current ambulatory solution
Voice of Customer (VOC) insight from over 400 respondents. Approximately 46% of respondents utilize up to four telemedicine solutions within their organization. Two-way video/webcam is the most widely used telemedicine solution (57.8%) and most widely considered (67.1%) for those making a telemedicine investment.
Get a detailed look at what each Stage of the EMR Adoption Model entails. Download the PDF preview for a full overview.
Essentials Briefs go beyond quantitative research and include information from the HIMSS Analytics® Database to provide an unmatched level of marketplace understanding.