Essentials of the US Hospital IT Market - 6th Edition
The HITECH (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act) provisions of ARRA (American Recovery and Reinvestment Act) are further defining meaningful use requirements.
This criteria determines funding for compliant hospitals and clinics implementing EMR technology - translating into emerging market opportunities. The 6th Edition of Essentials will help you navigate through the ever-changing HIT landscape using the most up-to-date market intelligence. This research:
- Pinpoints legacy applications being replaced by enterprise systems
- Targets EMR applications most likely purchased via meaningful use funding
- Identifies the right sectors in which to invest for the highest return
- Provides insight on emerging market drivers
- Monitors the market position of leading healthcare IT solution providers
Based on the HIMSS Analytics™ Database
Essentials of the US Hospital IT Market, available in PDF format, is based on an analysis of current data taken from the HIMSS Analytics Database, containing detailed IT information on more than 5,200 US hospitals and 32,000 medical facilities. The report provides a current and composite overview of the US hospital IT market, including:
- Five-Year Forecasted Spend for US Hospitals, Hospital-owned Entities (includes the Forecasting Model)
- Application overviews are available for:
- Ambulatory Clinic Applications - Hospital-Owned
- Ancillary Clinical / Department Systems
- Cardiology PACS
- Radiology PACS
- Document Management
- Electronic Medical Records (View a sample EMR chapter from 2006)
- Patient Safety
- The EMR Adoption ModelSM
- Operating Room IT Environment
- Barcode Applications
- Financial Decision Support
- Financial Management
- Health Information Management
- Human Resources
- Revenue Cycle Management
The report is available for purchase in its entirety, by financial or ARRA clinical volumes, or by individual chapters. Click here to place your order by email or download the order form and fax it to 312.638.9401.
- Detailed Overview - Get a closer look into the chapter contents.
- View a sample chapter from 2006.
- Introduction - Download your complimentary copy of the executive summary for Essentials.
- Industry Signposts - Review the issues that will impact and shape the healthcare IT industry over the next few years.
- EMR Adoption Model - Gain insights into the model used by HIMSS Analytics to evaluate the industry progress for implementing EMR environments.
- Next-Generation Revenue Cycle Management - Evaluate the components of the revenue cycle management environment that will enhance business to business and business to consumer functions.